Did You Know?
- More than 100 new wine producers open their doors in Australia every year. (Even more wine to buy!)
- The indent you see on the base of most wine bottles is called a punt. (I thought to punt was to kick a football, or place a bet, oh well so much for the Aussie slanguage.)
- The belief that wine is a living thing is a fallacy. (That takes all the joy out of it, doesn't it?)
- More than 700 chemical compounds in wine have been identified and named. (Now that's what I call a flavor library.)
- Moderate wine drinking decreases both the risk of coronary heart disease and mortality rates in people over 40. (Praise be, and pass the bottle.) MORE->