Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Syrah, Pinot Noir, and Aromatics

I’ve been waiting on Steve Smith MW to reply to an email I sent asking about the age of the oldest vines in New Zealand. And then I realized that he’s probably up to his armpits in Pinot Noir2007. It’s a four-day event being held in Wellington, New Zealand between January 29th and February 1st 2007.

Pinot Noir2007 will be preceded by a Syrah Symposium to be held on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th of January in Hawke’s Bay. The symposium is being organized and hosted by Hawke’s Bay Winegrowers as part of an extended program of Pinot Noir 2007.

And after these two symposiums if you find that you have had trouble identifying the aromas of Pinot and Syrah then maybe you can get help at the inaugural Nelson Aromatic Symposium in Upper Moutere, Nelson, on Saturday February 3rd. The one day symposium is strictly limited to 150 places (SOLD OUT).

I guess I’ll be waiting quite awhile for a reply to my email!

No comments: